Are you looking for an unseen passage for class 4 in English? if yes, you have come to the right place.
Unseen passages are so important that they are asked in almost all the classes. So, I thought why I shouldn’t write an article on it. Well, I have already written some articles on unseen passages, but they were related to other classes, and today, I’ve written unseen passages for class 4.
That means, here you will get all the unseen passages for class 4.
Hence without wasting your valuable time, let’s get started.
See some other unseen passages to practice.
Table of Contents
Unseen passage for class 4 in English or English Unseen Passage for Class 4
Here, I’ve written some unseen passages for class 4 so that you can practice better.
See some of the best unseen passages for class 4th.
1. Unseen passage for class 4 in English | A Lazy Brother
Kavita’s brother is very lazy. His name is Vishal and he is fourteen years old. He wakes up late every morning at around nine. He gets ready very quickly within 20 minutes.
His online classes start at 10 am and end at 3 pm. During his classes, he looks very sad and inactive. He has lunch around 1 o’clock. After having lunch, he rests for 20 minutes as the classes are closed for a while.
As the online classes end, he stands up and runs to play a cricket match. It’s one of his favorite games. Some time back, he used to play football but due to an accident, he doesn’t like that game.
He completes his homework at night and always eats dinner after completing his work.
1. What is the name of Kavita’s brother?
( a ) Karan
( b ) Shiva
( c ) Vishal
( d ) Vijay
2. At what time does Vishal take his lunch?
( a ) 2 o’clock
( b ) 12 o’clock
( c ) 3 o’clock
( d ) 1 o’clock
3. After lunch, he rests for
( a ) 20 minutes
( b ) 15 minutes
( c ) 10 minutes
( d ) 25 minutes
4. What is the name of his favorite game?
( a ) Football
( b ) Cricket
( c ) Carom
( d ) Golf
5. When does he complete his homework?
( a ) In the noon
( b ) In the morning
( c ) In the evening
( d ) At night
1. ( c ) Vishal
2. ( d ) 1 o’clock
3. ( a ) 20 minutes
4. ( b ) Cricket
5. ( d ) At night
Practice for some unseen passages with answers from higher classes.
2. Unseen passage for class 4 in English | The Sun
The Sun is a star around which many planets revolve such as Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, etc. The nearest planet to the Sun is Mercury and Neptune is the farthest one. There is a total of eight planets in the solar system.
The sun is a ball of gasses like helium, oxygen, carbon, and hydrogen but it has the largest amount of helium and hydrogen gas. The temperature of the outer surface of the Sun is about 5500°C, which is very high.
Also, there are some such stars that are bigger and brighter than the Sun in the entire galaxy.
The Sun plays an important role in eclipses. A solar eclipse occurs when the Moon comes between the Sun and the Earth whereas a lunar eclipse occurs when the Earth comes between the Sun and the Moon.
1. Write the names of any three planets.
2. Which planet is the nearest to the Sun?
3. What is the temperature of the outer surface of the Sun?
4. When does a solar eclipse occur?
5. How many planets are there in the solar system?
1. Earth, Mars, Jupiter.
2. The nearest planet to the sun is Mercury.
3. The temperature of the outer surface of the Sun is about 5500°C.
4. A solar eclipse occurs when the Moon comes between the Sun and the Earth.
5. There is a total of eight planets in the solar system.
3. Unseen passage for class 4 in English | The Lord Vishnu
Lord Vishnu is one of the most famous Gods in Hinduism. It’s written in the Puranas that the wife of Lord Vishnu is Lakshmi. He is considered to be the sustainer of the world. It’s believed that he lives in the Kshira Sagara which is also known as the ocean of milk.
There are many temples related to Lord Vishnu all over India. Badrinath and Jagannath are very famous temples. Badrinath is located in Uttrakhand and Jagannath is located in Odisha.
Lord Vishnu has four arms in which he holds lotus, mace, conch, and chakra.
There are altogether ten incarnations of Vishnu, some of whom are Narasimha, Rama, Krishna, Varaha, and Parashurama.
1. Who is the wife of Lord Vishnu?
( a ) Saraswati
( b ) Lakshmi
( c ) Parvati
( d ) Durga
2. Jagannath temple is located in
( a ) Uttrakhand
( b ) Jharkhand
( c ) Maharashtra
( d ) Odisha
3. Where does Lord Vishnu live?
( a ) Atlantic ocean
( b ) Southern ocean
( c ) The ocean of milk
( d ) None of the above
4. How many arms does Lord Vishnu have?
( a ) Four
( b ) Two
( c ) Five
( d ) Three
5. One of the Lord Vishnu’s incarnations is
( a ) Pashupati
( b ) Krishna
( c ) Brahma
( d ) Shiva
1. ( b ) Lakshmi
2. ( d ) Odisha
3. ( c ) The ocean of milk
4. ( a ) Four
5. ( b ) Krishna
See the article on some advanced unseen passages.
4. Unseen passage for class 4 in English | A Versatile Actor
Dilip Kumar was a well-known name in the 20th century. He was born in Pakistan. After coming to India, he became a very versatile actor.
His real name was Mohammad Yusuf Khan. At the age of 44, he married Saira Banu whose age was 22 years at the time of marriage.
Dilip Kumar was honored with Dadasaheb Phalke in 1995. He played tragic roles in many movies, so he was also called the Tragedy King. He died on 7 July 2021 due to a prolonged illness.
His most famous movies are Kohinoor, Saudagar, Kranti, Sunghursh, Mughal-E-Azam, Devdas, etc.
1. Where was Dilip Kumar born?
2. When did he get married?
3. Write three names of his films.
4. Which award was given to him in 1995?
5. When did he die?
1. Dilip Kumar was born in Pakistan.
2. He married when he was 44 years old.
3. Sunghursh, Mughal-E-Azam, Devdas.
4. Dilip Kumar was awarded Dadasaheb Phalke in 1995.
5. He died on 7 July 2021.
See also, the article on comprehension passages from upper classes.
5. Unseen passage for class 4 in English | Two Step Brothers
Atul and Pratul are real brothers and they are twins. They study in the same class, so sometimes teachers get confused to recognize them.
Atul always wears a blue watch and Pratul wears a yellow watch. The height of Atul is a little more than that of Pratul.
They eat lunch together and play together. Atul is nine years old and Pratul is also nine years old.
Atul’s favorite fruit is the apple and he wants to eat it every day whereas Pratul doesn’t like fruits but prefers fast food like pizza and momos.
1. Who is nine years old, Atul or Pratul?
2. What does Pratul like?
3. What is the color of Atul’s watch?
4. Who gets confused to recognize Atul and Pratul?
5. Which fruit does Atul like?
1. Atul and Pratul both are nine years old.
2. Pratul likes fast food like pizza and momos.
3. The color of Atul’s watch is blue.
4. Teachers get confused to recognize Atul and Pratul.
5. Atul’s favorite fruit is the apple.
6. Unseen Passage for Class 4 in English | Humans’ Teeth
Many people think of teeth as bones, but they are not made of bones. Actually, they are made of tissues.
The main function of teeth is to chew and bite food.
The roots of the teeth are surrounded by the gums. The beauty of a person’s face is also affected due to the lack of proper settlement of the teeth.
There are 20 teeth in children and 32 teeth in adults. Teeth erupt twice in humans. The first time, they are temporary but the second time, they become permanent.
Humans have four types of teeth, Incisors, Premolars, Molars, and Canines.
1. Teeth are made of ……..
( a ) Bones
( b ) Tissues
( c ) Flesh
( d ) Cells
2. An adult has …….. teeth.
( a ) 20
( b ) 28
( c ) 32
( d ) 24
3. The main function of teeth is to ……..
( a ) Ingest
( b ) Increase the beauty of the face
( c ) Collect the food
( d ) Chew
4. Children have …….. teeth.
( a ) 20
( b ) 12
( c ) 15
( d ) 32
5. Name any two types of teeth.
1. ( b ) Tissues
2. ( c ) 32
3. ( d ) Chew
4. ( a ) 20
5. Incisors and canines.
7. Unseen Passage for Class 4 in English | The Mother
We all love our mothers very much. They keep us in the stomach for nine months, then give birth to us. That’s why mothers love their children very much. They keep us away from social evils and try to make us good citizens.
Our mothers work day and night without any salary. They are our mothers as well as our teachers and our best friends. They listen to us good stories and sometimes sing lullabies too.
To work selflessly, to be hardworking, to be courageous, and to have the spirit of sacrifice are the qualities of our mothers.
1. How many months do mothers keep us in the stomach?
2. What do mothers love the most?
3. Who works day and night without any salary?
4. What do mothers sometimes sing?
5. What are the qualities of our mothers?
1. Mothers keep us in the stomach for nine months.
2. They love their children the most.
3. Mothers work day and night without any salary.
4. Mothers sometimes sing lullabies.
5. To work selflessly, to be hardworking, to be courageous, and to have the spirit of sacrifice are the qualities of our mothers.
Eventually, I hope that you have got enough unseen passages here. All the unseen passages are very easy for class 4.
A student of class 4 can easily answer the given questions in unseen passages.
If you really like this article, please share it with those who need it.