Whether you’re a student or a teacher, if you’re looking for an English unseen passage for class 3, this article can prove to be very helpful.
Here, I’ve written some unseen passages that are related to class 3. All these unseen passages are unique. Find the answer as per your understanding and then match your answers with the given answers.
Without wasting your time, let’s start writing the article.
See also, unseen passage with answers.
English Unseen Passage for Class 3 with Questions & Answers
1. English Unseen Passage for Class 3 | Passage 1
A loan is lending money that is given to individuals or organizations. Earlier people used to visit banks for months to get a loan but still, they didn’t get a loan.
Nowadays, increasing technology has made it very easy. Many best loan apps are available on the Play Store where you can get a loan without much effort. Only you have to follow some steps.
There are many types of loans such as personal loans, home loans, education loans, gold loans, property loans, car loans, etc.
A gold loan is the safest loan, in which you have to keep your gold with the bank or financial institution and in return, you take the required capital on it.
1. What is a loan?
2. Which is the safest loan?
3. Write any three types of loans.
4. What is a gold loan?
5. Was it easy to get a loan earlier?
1. A loan is lending money that is given to individuals or organizations.
2. Gold loan is the safest loan.
3. Personal loan, home loan, and education loan.
4. In a gold loan, you have to keep your gold with the bank or financial institution and in return, you take the required capital on it.
2. English Unseen Passage for Class 3 | Passage 2
Charley is a six-year-old boy and he loves the holidays.
Whenever his school remains closed, he definitely goes to his maternal grandmother’s house with his mother.
He loves his grandmother and his grandmother also loves him very much. When Charley goes to his grandmother’s house, she cooks a variety of dishes for him and gives him many toys to play with.
Charlie’s most loving thing in his grandmother’s house is her pet dog which always stays with Charlie. Charlie not only eats food with the dog but also plays with him most of the time.
When he comes back to his house, his grandmother gives him fifty rupees every time.
1. Where does Charley like to go when his school is closed?
2. What is Charley’s most loving thing in his grandmother’s house?
3. How old is Charley?
4. How much money does Charley’s grandmother give him every time?
5. With whom does Charley go to his grandmother’s house?
1. When Charley’s school remains closed, he likes to go to his maternal grandmother’s house.
2. Charley’s most loving thing in his grandmother’s house is her pet dog.
3. Charley is a six-year-old boy.
4. Charley’s grandmother gives him fifty rupees every time.
5. Charley goes to his grandmother’s house with his mother.
Read also, unseen passages with multiple choice questions.
3. English Unseen Passage for Class 3 | Passage 3
A debit card is a card made of several layers of plastic. It’s provided by the banks to their customers.
For this, banks take a bit of charge annually, charges are different in every bank. Charges also depend on the type of debit card.
Debit cards give us a lot of convenience in shopping and online transactions with POS machines.
In India, there are six types of debit cards: Visa Debit Card, RuPay Debit Card, MasterCard, Contactless Debit Card, Visa Electron Debit Card, and Maestro Debit Card. Often banks give Visa, RuPay, and MasterCard to the customers.
1. What is a debit card?
2. Are the charges for debit cards the same in every bank?
3. How many types of debit cards are there in India?
4. Which debit cards do banks often give to customers?
5. What material are debit cards made of?
1. A debit card is a card that is provided by banks to customers for doing online shopping and transactions.
3. There are six types of debit cards in India.
4. Banks often give Visa, RuPay, and MasterCard to customers.
5. Debit cards are made of plastic material.
4. English Unseen Passage for Class 3 | Passage 4
Geeta ma’am is a yoga teacher in my school. She is very pretty and speaks very slowly. Her period is the last in our class.
Once she told us about her daily routine in class. She said, “She gets up at 5:30 o’clock in the morning and does Yoga for at least an hour, then takes coffee and gets ready for school.”
When someone asked about her bedtime, she said, “She goes to sleep at 9 o’clock every day so that she can wake up early in the morning.”
She always advises us to wake up early in the morning and do yoga.
1. When does Geeta ma’am get up in the morning?
2. Why does she sleep at 9 o’clock?
3. For how many hours does she do Yoga?
4. Does she speak fast or slowly?
5. What advice does she always give us?
1. Geeta ma’am gets up at 5:30 o’clock in the morning.
2. She sleeps at 9 o’clock so that she can wake up early in the morning.
3. She does Yoga for at least one hour.
4. She speaks very slowly.
5. She always advises us to wake up early in the morning and do yoga.
5. English Unseen Passage for Class 3 | Passage 5
A frog is an animal that lives both on land and in water, so it’s also called an amphibian. When there is more cooling in the atmosphere, it goes inside the ground for about 2 feet.
There is a difference between the front and back legs of the frog.
Actually, it has four legs and its hind legs are bigger than the front legs. The temperature of the frog varies according to the temperature of the environment.
They are mostly seen during the rainy season. So far, more than five thousand species of frogs have been discovered.
1. Where do frogs live?
2. How many species of frogs are there?
3. Which legs of the frog are bigger?
4. When does the frog go inside the ground?
5. Are frogs aquatic or amphibians?
1. Frogs live both on land and in water.
2. More than five thousand species of frogs are there.
3. The hind legs of the frog are bigger.
4. When the atmosphere is too cold, the frog goes inside the ground.
5. The frogs are amphibians.
6. English Unseen Passage for Class 3 | Passage 6
Software is being used in every field, whether it’s the field of education or the field of entertainment.
In the new era of technology, software has spread its empire in such a way that its number is increasing day by day. Software is a group of programs that are very expensive.
They do any particular work very easily. Nowadays video editing software, gaming software, music software, and educational software are very popular in the market.
A software engineer makes software, but if someone has knowledge of computer science, he can also make software.
1. What is software?
2. Who makes software?
3. What types of software are very popular in the market?
4. Is the number of software increasing day by day?
5. Is it necessary to become a software engineer to make software?
1. Software is a group of programs that are very expensive.
2. A software engineer makes software.
3. Video editing software, gaming software, music software, and educational software are very popular in the market.
English Unseen Passage for Class 3 with Multiple Choice Questions –
1. English Unseen Passage for Class 3 with MCQs | Passage 1
Everyone likes ice cream. Ice cream is a type of kulfi that is made by mixing milk, dry fruits, cream, sugar, and fragrance.
Although there are many flavors of ice cream, but some are very popular like vanilla, strawberry, butterscotch, chocolate, etc.
Most people use the freezer of the refrigerator to make ice cream, but some use ice cream-making machines.
To make delicious ice cream, useful ingredients are mixed in the right proportion.
1. The important ingredients for making ice cream are:
( a ) Sugar & curd
( b ) Milk, cream & sugar
( c ) Milk & ice
( d ) Dry fruits & ice
2. The most popular flavors of ice cream are:
( a ) Mango & banana
( b ) Oreo & coconut
( c ) Vanilla & strawberry
( d ) Matcha & Chocolate
3. What should we use to make delicious ice cream?
( a ) We should use dry fruits & pee nuts
( b ) We should use a refrigerator freezer
( c ) We should use a big individual freezer
( d ) We should use ingredients in the right proportion
4. Who likes ice cream?
( a ) Everyone
( b ) No one except children
( c ) Only old people
( d ) Only children
1. ( b ) Milk, cream & sugar
2. ( c ) Vanilla & strawberry
3. ( d ) We should use ingredients in the right proportion
4. ( a ) Everyone
2. English Unseen Passage for Class 3 with MCQs | Passage 2
After two years, games were going to be held in Vijay’s school. He was very curious as he wanted to participate in it. For this, he worked hard for several months.
He was a good player in cricket as well as football so he wanted to participate in both games but unfortunately, he got selected only for the cricket match.
His heart was beating very fast the day the match started. That day, he wore a green t-shirt and blue pants.
He played the match very well and won. He himself scored 104 runs in 55 balls.
1. After how many years games were held in Vijay’s school?
( a ) 3 years
( b ) 2 years
( c ) 5 years
( d ) 1 year
2. He wanted to participate in:
( a ) Cricket
( b ) Football
( c ) Both
( d ) None
3. What did Vijay wear that day?
( a ) Green t-shirt and blue pants
( b ) Yellow t-shirt and white pants
( c ) White t-shirt and brown pants
( d ) Black t-shirt and blue pants
4. He was a good player in:
( a ) Football
( b ) Cricket
( c ) Both
( d ) None
1. ( b ) 2 years
2. ( c ) Both
3. ( a ) Green t-shirt and blue pants
4. ( c ) Both
I hope that the article about English unseen passage for class 3 must have proved very helpful for you. In this article, I’ve written some question-answer-based and MCQ-based unseen passages.
Now, you can choose to answer according to your suitability.
If you really liked this article, please share it with those who need it.