Today, I’m going to write an article about the unseen passage for class 5.
If you are aware of the unseen passages, that’s fine, but if you are unaware of these passages, such passages are the passages that check students’ capability of reading a paragraph and also how they answer the unseen questions.
In addition, these passages also check whether students are able to answer the questions correctly or not.
Hence without wasting your valuable time, let’s start the topic that is about the unseen passage for class 5.
Keep in your mind, here I’m going to discuss unseen passages for class 5 only and not for the upper classes.
Read also, some other unseen passages.
Unseen Passage for Class 5 with Questions and Answers or Comprehension Passage for Class 5 –
If you’re looking for an unseen passage for class 5th or 5 unseen passages with questions and answers, you have come to the right place.
As you can see each unseen passage for class 5 with MCQ questions so that you can find out the right answers for the given questions.
1. Unseen passage for class 5 | The Iron Man of India –
Sardar Patel is known as the Iron Man of India and he was a great leader in the 20th century. He died almost 2 years after the death of Mahatma Gandhi.
He was so emotional and kind-hearted person that when his followers were concerned, he also looked very disappointed.
Sardar Patel was the man who had no problem organizing the affairs because he had a very sharp mind. Additionally, he was very skilled to select the right person for the right posts.
He was the Home Minister of India when India-Pakistan War took place in 1947.
He died on 15 December 1950.
1. Sardar Patel is known as
( a ) A great leader.
( b ) The Home Minister of India.
( c ) The Iron Man of India.
( d ) An old man.
2. He had a quality that was
( a ) Encouraging the people.
( b ) Selecting the right person for the right posts.
( c ) Loving the birds.
( d ) Doing great work.
3. When did he die?
( a ) 14 Dec 1949
( b ) 15 Dec 1946
( c ) 15 Dec 1950
( d ) 15 Jan 1950
4. He was very disappointed when
( a ) His family faced difficulties.
( b ) He was alone.
( c ) His father was ill.
( d ) His followers were concerned.
5. He was
( a ) A soft-hearted man.
( b ) An angry man.
( c ) 56 year old.
( d ) None of the above.
1 ( c ) The Iron Man of India.
2 ( b ) Selecting the right person for the right posts.
3 ( c ) 15 Dec 1950
4 ( d ) His followers were concerned.
5 ( a ) A soft-hearted man.
Also, see the article on short unseen passages.
2. Unseen passage for class 5 | The crow –
The crow is the most prominent bird in the world. Crows are found everywhere in the world except Antarctica. There are about forty types of crows, but we are familiar with only two or three types of crows.
We often see the crows on the top of our buildings, but they like open spaces where there are dense trees.
By the way, the crows live alone but whenever one of them dies, the other crows hover around it to mourn.
Dead animals are the favorite food of the crows. Crows are neither vegetarian nor non-vegetarian. That means, they eat anything.
The average lifespan of a crow is 14 to 15 years. A crow can lay up to four eggs at a time.
1. How many eggs can a crow lay at a time?
( a ) Three eggs
( b ) Five eggs
( c ) Seven eggs
( d ) Four eggs
2. When do other crows hover?
( a ) When they are thirsty
( b ) When they see a dead animal
( c ) When a crow dies
( d ) When they are happy
3. Crows are not found in
( a ) Pakistan
( b ) Antarctica
( c ) Atlantic
( d ) The Arctic
4. The favorite food of the crows is
( a ) Rabbits
( b ) Beans
( c ) Dead animals
( d ) Fishes
5. Where do crows like to live?
( a ) In open spaces
( b ) In jungles
( c ) On the top of the buildings
( d ) On roofs
1 ( d ) Four eggs
2 ( c ) When a crow dies
3 ( b ) Antarctica
4 ( c ) Dead animals
5 ( a ) In open spaces
Read, some other comprehension for class 5.
3. Unseen passage for class 5 | The Lord Rama –
Lord Rama has two names Shri Ram and Shri Ramchandra. It’s believed that Lord Rama was born in Treta Yuga. His wife’s name was Sita.
Lord Rama loved his wife very much. He was very intelligent and courageous. He had three other brothers named Lakshmana, Bharata and Shatrughna.
Once he went to exile and returned to his homeland after 14 years. So, people lit the lamps of ghee and started celebrating Diwali from that day.
The forest where Lord Rama had spent 14 years of his life was named Dandakaranya.
1. What were the names of Lord Rama’s brothers?
2. Who was Lord Rama’s wife?
3. How many years did Lord Rama spend in the forest?
4. What did people do when Lord Rama returned to his homeland?
5. In which era Lord Rama was born?
1. The names of Lord Rama’s brothers were Lakshmana, Bharata and Shatrughna.
2. Lord Rama’s wife was Sita.
3. Lord Rama spent 14 years in the forest.
4. People lit the lamps of ghee and oil when he returned to his homeland.
5. Lord Rama was born in Treta Yuga.
4. Unseen passage for class 5 | The dogs –
Dogs are very clever and intelligent animals. Their ability to smell things is many times greater than that of humans.
They can easily identify the sniffed thing by smelling it again. Dogs are also used to detect explosives due to their high smelling ability.
Their hearing power is five times more than that of humans.
Dogs are deaf, blind and toothless when they are born. They like to live in groups, but some prefer to live alone.
The breed of dog Alaskan Malamute has the ability to withstand temperatures up to -70 degrees. Dogs have many body colors. Mostly we see white, brown, black colored dogs.
1. Dogs are born
( a ) With no eyes
( b ) With no teeth
( c ) With no mind
( d ) None of the above
2. Breed Alaskan Malamute can bear temperatures up to
( a ) -75 degrees
( b ) -72 degrees
( c ) -65 degrees
( d ) -70 degrees
3. Mostly we see dogs in
( a ) Brown and white colors
( b ) Blue and black colors
( c ) Black and Yellow colors
( d ) White and red colors
4. Dogs’ hearing power is
( a ) Six times more than humans
( b ) Four times more than humans
( c ) Five times more than humans
( d ) Three times more than humans
5. Dogs are also used to detect explosives
( a ) Due to more intelligence
( b ) Due to their high smelling ability
( c ) Due to being clever
( d ) None of the above
1 ( b ) With no teeth
2 ( d ) -70 degrees
3 ( a ) Brown and white colors
4 ( c ) Five times more than humans
5 ( b ) Due to their high smelling ability
See, some other reading comprehension passages with questions and answers.
5. Unseen passage for class 5 | The Education –
There was a child whose name was Roshan Lal. He lived in Panipat. His father’s name was Mohan Lal who died when his son was very young.
Roshan Lal left his primary education due to his poor economical condition. After that, he decided to join a military school where no fees were charged.
On the strength of his hard work, he became an officer in the army.
Having been faced many difficulties in his life, he determined that no child would be deprived of his primary education.
When he was 56 years old, he met a boy whose name was Rishabh. That boy was very skilled in running and jumping, but he had no parents.
Roshan Lal adopted that boy and made him an officer in the army.
1. Who was the father of Roshan Lal?
2. Where did Roshan Lal live?
3. Which school did Roshan Lal join after the death of his father?
4. Who did Roshan Lal meet at the age of 56?
5. Why did Roshan Lal leave his primary education?
1. The father of Roshan Lal was Mohan Lal.
2. Roshan Lal lived in Panipat.
3. Roshan Lal joined a military school after the death of his father.
4. Roshan Lal met a boy whose name was Rishabh.
5. Roshan Lal left his primary education due to his poor economical condition.
6. Unseen Passage for class 5 | Beautiful India –
India is our motherland. It includes more than six lakh villages.
Earlier people liked to live in the villages but now they prefer to live in the cities.
The capital of India is New Delhi. The largest river in India is the Ganga. Many cities are inhabited on the banks of this river.
Uttar Pradesh is the largest state of India in terms of population. Almost seventeen percent of the total population live in Uttar Pradesh.
Maharashtra is the second largest state by population.
The Himalayan Mountains are in the north of India. They are the most famous mountains all over the world.
1. Where did people like to live earlier?
2. Which is the largest state in India?
3. What percentage of the total population lives in Uttar Pradesh?
4. Which is the second largest state in India?
5. Where are the Himalayan Mountains located in India?
1. People liked to live in the villages earlier.
2. Uttar Pradesh is the largest state in India.
3. Almost seventeen percent of the total population live in Uttar Pradesh.
4. Maharashtra is the second largest state in India.
5. Himalayan mountains are located in the north of India.
7. Unseen passage for class 5 | Atal Bihari Vajpayee –
Atal Bihari Vajpayee was born on 25 December 1924 in the Gwalior district of Madhya Pradesh. His father’s name was Krishna Bihari Vajpayee who was a teacher.
Apart from being a politician, Atal was also a great poet. Many of his self-written writings are famous all over India.
After the formation of the Bharatiya Janata Party on 6 April 1980, he was given the responsibility of the presidency.
In order to maintain good relations with Pakistan, he started a bus service from Delhi to Lahore in 1999 and became the first passenger of that bus.
He met Nawaz Sharif in Pakistan.
In 2015, he was awarded the Bharat Ratna and died on 16 August 2018.
1. When was Atal Bihari Vajpayee born?
2. Whom did Atal Bihari Vajpayee go to Pakistan to meet?
3. When did he receive the Bharat Ratna Award?
4. Who was a teacher?
5. Where was the bus service started?
1. Atal Bihari Vajpayee was born on 25 December 1924.
2. Atal Bihari Vajpayee went to Pakistan to meet Nawaz Sharif.
3. He received the Bharat Ratna Award in 2015.
4. Krishna Bihari Vajpayee was a teacher.
5. The bus service was started from Delhi to Lahore.
Final words –
I hope that the article must have satisfied you. Now, you’ll have no problem while solving any type of unseen passage for class 5th.
If you really liked the article, please share it with those who need it.