Today, in this article I’ll write you some proper noun and common noun examples with sentences so that you can easily understand them.
Often, I have noticed that students get confused between a proper noun and a common noun. They are unable to differentiate between them properly, but after reading this article, I am promising you that all your doubts will be cleared.
If you’re an English teacher or speaker, you must know the difference between proper nouns and common nouns as if the teachers are confused, how will they teach the students the difference between them.
That’s why, I thought why I shouldn’t write an article on it so that when you teach the students, you can clear all their doubts.
So, let’s start writing proper noun and common noun examples with sentences.
Read also, all kinds of noun.
Before writing proper noun and common noun examples, just know a little about them.
Table of Contents
1. Proper noun –
A proper noun is the name of a person, place or thing.
For example –
( a ) Abhishek is one of the best students in the class.
( b ) Jaipur is known as a pink city.
( c ) I bought a new Royal Enfield.
Where Abhishek, Jaipur and Royal Enfield are proper nouns.
2. Common noun –
A common noun is the generic name of a person, place or thing.
For example –
( a ) That little girl is very innocent.
( b ) This city is very beautiful.
( c ) I bought a new car.
Where girl, city and car are common nouns.
Also know, what is pronoun?
3. Proper noun and common noun examples –
Here are 40 examples of proper nouns and common nouns so that you have no doubt.
( a ) Proper noun examples –
1. Anil is the best player in Hockey.
2. Kamlesh is my team member.
3. He lives in Kolkata.
4. My mother was born in Delhi.
5. My puppy’s name is Oscar.
6. Acer is one of the best brands of computers.
7. Sunday is the first day of the week.
8. Ramayana is a sacred book of Hindus.
9. I’m going shopping in Jammu.
10. Dr. Vijay diagnosed the disease.
11. Today, I watched the movie Chennai Express.
12. America is a powerful country.
13. Sunita is her new mentor.
14. Her brother likes to eat bananas.
15. Dal lake is in Srinagar.
16. Everyone will be surprised to see the beauty of the Taj Mahal.
17. Kamal and Rupesh are good friends.
18. He knows Rahul very well.
19. Eifel Tower is a masterpiece in building-construction history.
20. Hotel Taj is situated in Mumbai.
( b ) Common noun examples –
1. You are the best player.
2. My team will surely win the match.
3. I live in a very small city.
4. His house is haunting.
5. My mother loves cats.
6. A fan of Salman Khan gifted him a bike.
7. His friend is very intelligent.
8. I have a house beside the river.
9. A new mentor has come into the school.
10. That girl looks like a man.
11. My daughter is born in a developed country.
12. I’m talking about that movie.
13. I have caught the thief.
14. My mother told me a story.
15. That teacher is very strict.
16. My son is running very fast.
17. Rivers are worshipped by Indians.
18. I reviewed many palaces in my videos.
19. I will go to my hometown next month.
20. I am fond of reading books.
Read also, what is adjective?
FAQs on proper noun and common noun examples –
5. The Arabian nights
9. Mi watch
10. Bajaj Bike.
Yes, the boy is a common noun.
No, it’s a common noun.
No, it’s an abstract noun.
Yes, it’s a proper noun.
Final words –
Ultimately, I hope that the article has satisfied you and you’ve got here enough proper noun and common noun examples.
Now, you’ll have no confusion about proper nouns and common nouns.
If you really like the article, please share it with those who need it.