Today, I’m going to write an article on the unseen passage for class 2nd. That means if you’re looking for an unseen passage for class 2nd, you have come to the right place.
Although, it’s not a very important topic for class 2nd students, but to provide them in-depth knowledge, you must teach this topic to them.
Hence, without wasting your valuable time, let’s start writing the article on the unseen passage for class 2 with questions and answers.
See, some other comprehension passages with questions and answers.
Unseen Passage for Class 2nd in English with Questions and Answers –
Here are some unseen passages for class 2nd in English. So, read them first and then answer the related questions.
1. Unseen Passage for Class 2nd | Tom’s birthday –
Today is Tom’s birthday. He is very happy. His elder brother’s name is Kristen and he is very sad. Kristen’s birthday is not celebrated with such enthusiasm. It’s so because he is not the real son of his mother.
Tom and Kristen’s father loves both very much. Tom’s mother loves Tom more than Kristen.
Kristen’s real mother was killed in an accident. So, his father had remarried to look after Kristen. Kristen loves to play but her stepmother doesn’t let him play.
In their lunch boxes, their mother packs different food. Tom gets fresh food and Kristen gets stale food.
1. What’s today?
2. Who is not the real son of his mother?
3. What kind of food does Kristen get in his lunch box?
4. Why did Kristen’s father remarry?
5. Who loves to play?
1. Today is Tom’s birthday.
2. Kristen is not the real son of his mother.
3. Kristen gets stale food in his lunch box.
4. Kristen’s father remarried to look after Kristen.
5. Kristen loves to play.
See also, unseen passages with MCQs.
2. Unseen Passage for Class 2nd | My friend –
My neighbor’s name is Sachin. He is seven years old. I love him very much. He plays football with me every day. When I ride a bicycle, he sits on the career.
He likes chocolates and I like biscuits. He has a sister whose name is Misti. Misti studies in class third. She is a brave girl.
We all study in the same school. Sumit sir teaches Hindi in my and Misti’s class but not in Sachin’s class.
Sumit sir teaches History in Sachin’s class. His way of teaching is amazing. When he teaches, all the children study diligently.
1. What is the name of Sachin’s sister?
2. What subjects does Sumit sir teach?
3. In which class does Misti study?
4. What does Sachin like?
5. Which subject does Sumit sir teach in Sachin’s class?
1. The name of Sachin’s sister is Misti.
2. Sumit sir teaches Hindi and History.
3. Misti Studies in class third.
4. Sachin likes chocolates.
5. Sumit sir teaches History in Sachin’s class.
3. Unseen Passage for Class 2nd | The spiders –
Spiders are found in almost all houses. There are many types of spiders. More than 40,000 species of spiders have been discovered. Spiders are carnivorous.
The spiders found in the houses are not very big. The size of the spiders living in the forests is quite large.
Spiders have eight legs and two body segments. They generally eat insects. Spiders get their food by making a web at their places.
The delicious food of house spiders is the eggs of black ants. The spiders of jungles eat frogs and small birds with great fervor.
1. How many species of spiders have been discovered so far?
2. What do the spiders of jungles eat?
3. Are spiders carnivorous?
4. What do spiders generally eat?
5. What is the delicious food of house spiders?
1. More than 40,000 species of spiders have been discovered so far.
2. The spiders of jungles eat frogs and small birds.
4. Spiders generally eat insects.
5. The delicious food of house spiders is the eggs of black ants.
4. Unseen Passage for Class 2nd | The fair –
Every year a fair is held near my house. The fair is inaugurated by some elderly people in our area.
There is a lot of crowd at the fair at night as compared to the day. People come from far and wide to see the fair.
Where the fair is held, there is also a temple of Kali Mata. People visit the fair only after worshiping Kali Mata.
Sweets, toys, food shops are found in large numbers in the fair. There are two types of swings at the fair where there is a lot of crowd of children.
A magician named Karan Sharma comes to the fair every year to enchant people.
1. Who inaugurates the fair?
2. When does the crowd increase at the fair?
3. Which temple is present near the fair?
4. How many types of swings are there at the fair?
5. Who comes to enchant people every year?
1. The fair is inaugurated by some elderly people of the area.
2. The crowd increases at night.
3. Kali Mata temple is present near the fair.
4. There are two types of swings at the fair.
5. A magician named Karan Sharma comes to enchant people every year.
5. Unseen Passage for Class 2nd | Vegetarian vs Non-vegetarian –
Different types of people live in this world. Some like to eat vegetarian food and some non-vegetarian.
In today’s time, the number of non-vegetarian eaters has increased. Due to eating non-vegetarian food, diseases are also increasing day by day.
Actually, vegetarians are healthier than non-vegetarians. Vegetarian eaters are those who eat vegetables only and non-vegetarian eaters are those who eat meat.
Vegetarians have higher confidence levels than non-vegetarians in public places.
1. Who are vegetarians?
2. Do all people like to eat non-vegetarian food?
3. Who are non-vegetarians?
4. Why are diseases increasing?
5. Give a suitable title.
1. Vegetarians are those who eat vegetables only.
3. Non-vegetarians are those who eat meat.
4. Due to eating non-vegetarian food, diseases are increasing.
5. Vegetarian vs non-vegetarian.
Final words –
Eventually, I hope that the article must have proved very helpful for you. Here, I have discussed all the easiest unseen passages for class 2 with questions and answers.
If you really liked this article, please share it with those who need it.