Are you looking for an unseen passage for class 6 in English? if yes, keep reading this article.
Today, I’m going to write an article on unseen passages for class 6. The article includes many passages to practice.
That means if you’re a student of class 6 and looking for an unseen passage for class 6 in English, you’ve come to the right place.
Without wasting your valuable time let’s get started.
Also, practice some advanced unseen passages.
Unseen Passage for Class 6 in English with Questions and Answers –
Here are some unseen passages for class 6, read them carefully to find out the correct answers.
1. Unseen passage for class 6 in English | Online Earning
In today’s time, everyone wants multiple sources of income. People think about it but due to lack of time, they are unable to do so, but do you know? you can generate income online sitting at home. All you need is a laptop and an internet connection.
Although there are many ways to earn money online, there are some ways that are very effective. YouTube and Blogging are the most popular ways among them.
If you want to earn money by blogging, choose any platform whether it’s Blogger or WordPress, and publish the articles about the topic in which you have in-depth knowledge. The best bloggers who are earning a lot of money from blogging consider WordPress as the best platform.
If you want to earn money from YouTube, you have to publish content in video form. The highest paying niches for YouTube and blogging are Finance, Insurance, and Online courses.
1. What do you need to start earning online?
2. Which are the most popular ways to earn online?
3. According to bloggers, which is the best platform for blogging?
4. What are the highest-paying niches?
5. Why are people unable to join multiple sources of income?
1. You need a laptop and an internet connection to start earning online.
2. YouTube and Blogging are the most popular ways to earn online.
3. According to bloggers, WordPress is the best platform for blogging.
4. Finance, Insurance, and Online courses are the highest paying niches.
5. People are unable to join multiple sources of income due to a lack of time.
2. Unseen passage for class 6 in English | Sachin Tendulkar
Sachin Tendulkar was born on 24 April 1973. He was one of the best batsmen and was also called the God of Cricket.
He was awarded, Bharat Ratna, India’s highest civilian award in 2014. Moreover, he received many awards like Arjuna Award, Padma Shri Award, Padma Vibhushan Award, etc.
He scored more than 14,000 runs in his cricket career. Presently, he is associated with an organization named Apnalaya.
In this organization, he takes care of the upbringing of about 200 children. There is a film related to his life. The name of the film is Sachin: A Billion Dreams which was released in 2017.
The film was directed by James Erskine.
1. In which year was the film released?
2. What is Apnalaya?
3. How many runs did Sachin score in his cricket career?
4. When was Sachin Tendulkar born?
5. Write any two names of his awards.
1. The film was released in 2017.
2. Apnalaya is an organization that is taken care of by Sachin Tendulkar.
3. Sachin Tendulkar scored more than 14,000 runs in his cricket career.
4. Sachin Tendulkar was born on 24 April 1973.
5. Bharat Ratna and Padma Shri Award.
Here are some other unseen passages to practice, but easy.
3. Unseen passage for class 6 in English | An Astronaut ( Kalpana Chawla )
Kalpana Chawla was an astronaut who belonged to the Karnal district of Haryana state. She was the youngest and dearest of her siblings.
All the family members used to call her Motu.
Before becoming an astronaut, she was already a scientist at NASA which was a very famous space agency. She received many medals such as NASA Space Flight Medal, NASA Distinguished Service Medal, etc.
Once when she was returning from space, her spacecraft exploded while entering the Earth’s atmosphere. As a result of which Kalpana and her other companions died a painful death.
1. By what name was Kalpana fondly called?
2. How did she die?
3. Kalpana Chawla belonged to which state?
4. Write the names of Kalpana’s medals.
5. Write a suitable title for this passage.
1. Kalpana was fondly called Motu.
2. She died due to the explosion of her spacecraft.
3. Kalpana Chawla belonged to the state of Haryana.
4. NASA Space Flight Medal and NASA Distinguished Service Medal.
5. An Indian girl, Kalpana Chawla.
If you want some beginner-level unseen passages to answer, read this article.
4. Unseen passage for class 6 in English | The Truth
In today’s time, truth has a lot of value as today’s person tells more lies than truth.
When a person speaks the truth, the heart gets peace. The special thing about the truth is that it can never be defeated.
In olden times, there was a person whose name was Satyawadi Harishchandra, he always spoke the truth.
To give an example of truth, even today people take his name. Truthful people always keep their points firmly. They don’t care about the past and the future. Apart from this, such people are very honest and try to remove the evils prevailing in society.
1. When does the heart get peace?
2. In today’s time, a person tells more lies or truth?
3. Why do people remember Satyawadi Harishchandra?
4. What do truthful people not care about?
5. How are truthful people?
1. The heart gets peace when a person speaks the truth.
2. In today’s time, a person tells more lies than truth.
3. People remember Satyawadi Harishchandra because he always spoke the truth.
4. Truthful people never care about the past and the future.
5. Truthful people are very honest.
Unseen Passage for Class 6 in English with MCQ Questions –
1. Unseen passage for class 6 in English | The Human Heart
The heart is a muscular organ. Its main function is to carry blood throughout the body.
Scientifically, it beats an average of 72 times in a minute. The heart pumps about 7600 liters of blood throughout the day in the human body.
Its weight is lesser in women than men. Heart-related diseases mostly arise due to the increase in obesity, blood pressure, and cholesterol.
According to a survey, the death toll from heart disease is high in Western countries. So, to avoid diseases related to the heart, people should pay attention to their lifestyle and health.
Somewhere, it has also been said that a special type of red wine is very beneficial to avoid heart diseases.
1. The weight of the heart is
( a ) Lesser in men than women
( b ) Lesser in women than men
( c ) Equal in both
( d ) None of these
2. Which type of wine is beneficial to the heart?
( a ) Less alcoholic
( b ) A special type of brown wine
( c ) A special type of red wine
( d ) None of the above
3. How many liters of blood does the heart pump in a day?
( a ) 7500 liters
( b ) 6500 liters
( c ) 5900 liters
( d ) 7600 liters
4. Heart-related diseases are mostly caused by
( a ) Obesity, blood pressure and cholesterol
( b ) Sleeping and laziness
( c ) Overwork
( d ) Drinking too much alcohol
5. What is the main function of the heart?
( a ) To carry oxygen throughout the body
( b ) To carry blood throughout the body
( c ) To pump blood
( d ) None of the above
1. ( b ) Lesser in women than men
2. ( c ) A special type of red wine
3. ( d ) 7600 liters
4. ( a ) Obesity, blood pressure and cholesterol
5. ( b ) To carry blood throughout the body
2. Unseen passage for class 6 in English | The Junk Food
The word junk food was first used in 1972. Since then, its popularity has only increased.
Junk food refers to such snacks that children like the most like burgers, pizza, chips, potato fingers, etc. All of these include more calories in less quantity.
According to experts, a burger contains 150 kcal, a pizza contains about 300 kcal, and pastries & cakes up to 120 kcal. Due to the high amount of calories, the problem of obesity in children is increasing.
Junk food mostly contains fat and carbohydrates.
If children start consuming more junk food, they will have to face serious problems in the upcoming time. Therefore, being responsible parents, you should take care of your children’s diet.
1. What does junk food mostly contain?
( a ) Protein and vitamins
( b ) Taste
( c ) Fat and carbohydrates
( d ) None of the above
2. Which of the following is related to junk food?
( a ) Normal food
( b ) Tea and coffee
( c ) Fruit and nut butter
( d ) Pizza and chips
3. How many calories are in Pastries?
( a ) 120 kcal
( b ) 150 kcal
( c ) 300 kcal
( d ) 200 kcal
4. Why are children facing the problem of obesity?
( a ) Due to laziness
( b ) Due to no work
( c ) Due to calories
( d ) Due to purified water
5. When was the word junk food first used?
( a ) in 1965
( b ) in 1972
( c ) in 1978
( d ) in 1970
1. ( c ) Fat and carbohydrates
2. ( d ) Pizza and chips
3. ( a ) 120 kcal
4. ( c ) Due to calories
5. ( b ) in 1972
Final words –
Ultimately, I hope that the article about the unseen passages for class 6 has proved to be very helpful for you.
Now, you can do more practice by giving answers to the questions of these unseen passages.
If you really liked this article, please share it with those who need it.