Today, in this article, I’m going to write some unseen passages with questions and answers so that students can practice them properly.
Unseen passages are in the form of paragraphs that enhance the power of comprehension and the ability to find the correct answers to the given questions.
That’s why they are very important to be practiced by the students. So without wasting your valuable time, let’s start writing unseen passages.
Practice some other short unseen passages with questions and answers.
Unseen Passages in English with Questions and Answers
Here are some unseen passages, first read them carefully and then answer the questions.
1. Unseen Passage | The Curriculum
The curriculum is a base on which students fulfill their objectives and goals. It is of two types: Bounded and Extensive.
A bounded curriculum is one that is taught in schools and universities, whereas an extensive curriculum has no boundaries. The curriculum is very important in the education system. It helps the students in many ways.
Before prescribing the curriculum of any subject, the curriculum schedulers look at the present situation and then decide it. Many academics have given their opinion to define the curriculum such as Frobel, Monroe, Cunningham, Henry, etc.
The predefined curriculum benefits not only the students but also the teachers. The most influential benefit is that the process of education is arranged and the right use of time is done.
1. What is the definition of the curriculum?
2. How many types of curricula are there?
3. How do the curriculum schedulers prescribe the curriculum?
4. What is the most influential benefit of the curriculum?
5. Write the name of any three academics.
1. The Curriculum is a base on which students fulfill their objectives and goals.
2. There are two types of curriculum: Bounded and Extensive.
3. First, they look at the present situation and then decide it.
4. The most influential benefit is that the process of education is arranged and the right use of time is done.
5. Frobel, Monroe, and Cunningham.
Practice for some very easiest unseen passages.
2. Unseen Passage | A Multi-National Company
Google is one of the biggest companies in the world. It is a multinational company. People also know it as the most famous search engine. People mainly use this search engine to get answers to their questions.
It keeps a lot of information with itself. Google earns money through advertisers.
Advertisers run ad campaigns on it to sell their products and pay according to the reach of the people. It was established on 4th September 1998 by two Ph.D. students whose names were Sergey Brin and Larry Page.
There are some other very popular websites of Google, in which YouTube is the most famous. It is used to share video content. Google has many competitors like Yahoo, Baidu, and Bing, but they are not as big brands as Google.
1. Who were Sergey Brin and Larry Page?
2. When was Google established?
3. How does Google make money?
4. What is Google? And why do people use it?
5. What is YouTube?
1. Sergey Brin and Larry Page were the founders of Google.
2. Google was established on 4th September 1998.
3. Google makes money through advertisers.
4. Google is a search engine that is a multi-national company. People use it to get answers to their questions.
5. YouTube is one of the websites of Google, which is used to share video content.
Also, practice these unseen passages with answers.
3. Unseen Passage | A Useful Gas
Co2 is also known as carbon dioxide. It is found naturally on earth. Its percentage in the atmosphere is very less ( 0.03% ) as compared to other gases. This gas is very important for humans as well as trees.
Co2 is useful for humans because they use it in respiration action. They take in oxygen and release carbon dioxide. It is useful for trees because they use it in the process of photosynthesis.
This gas is not only colorless but also tasteless. When this gas combines with hydrogen, it forms hydrocarbons such as methane, ethane, propane, butane, pentane, hexane, heptane, octane, nonane, etc.
It is formed by a mixture of carbon and oxygen, which contains one molecule of carbon and two molecules of oxygen. Generally, carbon has four vacancies and oxygen has two vacancies.
1. How much Co2 is present in the atmosphere?
2. How is Co2 useful for humans?
3. How is Co2 useful for trees?
4. What is the color and taste of Co2?
5. What happens when Co2 combines with hydrogen?
1. Co2 is 0.03% in the atmosphere.
2. Humans use it in the respiration action.
3. Co2 is useful for trees during the process of photosynthesis.
4. Co2 is colorless and tasteless.
5. When Co2 combines with hydrogen, it forms hydrocarbons.
4. Unseen Passage | Online Payments
There are many banks in our country, some of which are very famous like State Bank of India, Bank of Baroda, Punjab National Bank, Bank of India, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, etc. The most common thing in all banks is that if the transactions are not done for a long time, the accounts of the holders are closed.
Transactions are done in many ways in banks. Ever since India has become digital, people have started giving importance to online payments.
There are many advantages of online payments. We make money transactions much faster, the risk of theft is reduced, transparency is increased and also we avoid going to the banks again and again.
Along with this, there are many disadvantages as well.
Sometimes, money gets stuck while doing online payments, people lose their money by getting trapped in fraud, etc.
1. What is the most common thing in all banks?
2. Write the names of any five banks in India.
3. What are the advantages of online payments?
4. Write one of the disadvantages of online payments.
5. Since when have people started giving importance to online payments?
1. The most common thing in all banks is that if the transactions are not done for a long time, the accounts of the holders are closed.
2. Bank of Baroda, Punjab National Bank, Bank of India, HDFC Bank, and ICICI Bank.
3. There are many advantages of online payments like we avoid going to the banks, we make payments very fast, and also we had no risk of theft.
4. Sometimes, while making online payments, money gets stuck.
5. Ever since India has become digital, people have started giving importance to online payments.
5. Unseen passage | Changed Education System
The level of education is increasing day by day. In the olden times, the Guru used to impart only oral knowledge to students, but today students are imparted oral, written, and moral knowledge as well.
That means today’s education system has been completely changed.
Although there are many ways of teaching students, the most effective way is teaching online. The importance of online teaching has increased so much that lakhs of students are taking advantage of it.
YouTube is the most famous website to study online. Videos related to various topics are available on this website. To join YouTube, students must have at least a smartphone and an internet connection.
Apart from this, there are many other websites that teach online, but they are not so popular as YouTube. On Youtube, students can watch the same topic on repeat mode, due to which they can easily gain in-depth knowledge of any subject.
1. What kind of knowledge did the Guru impart to the students in the olden times?
2. What is the most effective way of teaching students?
3. How can students gain in-depth knowledge of the subjects?
4. What is necessary to join YouTube?
5. What kind of knowledge is imparted to the students in today’s time?
1. In the olden times, the Guru used to impart only oral knowledge to students.
2. The most effective way is teaching online.
3. The students can gain in-depth knowledge of any subject by watching the same topic on repeat mode on YouTube.
4. To join YouTube, students must have at least a smartphone and an internet connection.
5. Today, students are imparted oral, written, and moral knowledge as well.
Ultimately, I hope that the article must have satisfied you. Here, I have written some of the best-unseen passages to practice.
If you really liked the article, please share it with those who need it.