If you’re looking for an unseen passage for class 7, you have come to the right place. Here, I’ve written many unseen passages with questions and answers.
Sometimes, students are confused between unseen passages and comprehension passages, but both are the same. Some books write unseen passages and some write comprehension passages. So, they need not confuse about it.
Without wasting your valuable time, let’s start writing the article.
Practice some easiest unseen passages.
Table of Contents
Unseen Passage for Class 7 with Questions and Answers
Here, there are five unseen passages to practice, first, read them carefully and then start answering.
1. Unseen passage for class 7 | Passage 1
Hardly any Indian politician would be ignorant of Bal Thackeray. Bal Thackeray’s full name was Bal Keshav Thackeray and he was a great politician in the 20th century.
He was born on 23 January 1926 and died on 17 November 2012.
The people who believed in Balasaheb Thackeray called him Hindu Hriday Samrat.
He started his life as a cartoonist. Gradually, he emerged in the politics of Maharashtra. He always remained in the limelight due to his staunch Hindutva speech.
He founded an organization called Shiv Sena in 1966. It failed in the initial phase but after a few years, it came into the limelight.
When he died, lakhs of people gathered at his funeral.
1. Who was Balasaheb Thackeray?
2. When was Balasaheb Thackeray born?
3. What was the name of his organization?
4. What did people call him?
5. Why was Balasaheb Thackeray always in the limelight?
1. Balasaheb Thackeray was a great politician in the 20th century.
2. Balasaheb Thackeray was born on 23 January 1926.
3. The name of his organization was Shiv Sena.
4. People called him Hindu Hriday Samrat.
5. Balasaheb Thackeray was always in the limelight due to his staunch Hindutva speech.
Read some other unseen passages to practice.
2. Unseen passage for class 7 | Passage 2
Uttar Pradesh is the most populous state in India. When India was ruled by the British, its name was United Provinces.
Some of the main cities in the state of Uttar Pradesh are Lucknow, Kanpur, Varanasi, Agra, Azamgarh, Muzaffarnagar, Ayodhya, etc. Apart from this, Ganga, Yamuna, Chambal, and Gomti are the famous rivers of this state.
Uttar Pradesh is located in the north of India. It touches the border of Nepal, so Nepalis also live here.
It’s famous for Hinduism as Mathura and Ayodhya are the birthplaces of Lord Shri Krishna and Rama respectively. Its history is about 4,000 years old. Some decades ago, this state was ruled by the Mughals.
1. Name three famous rivers in Uttar Pradesh.
2. What was the name of Uttar Pradesh during British rule?
3. Where is Uttar Pradesh located in India?
4. Which country touches the border of Uttar Pradesh?
5. Where is the birthplace of Lord Krishna?
1. Yamuna, Chambal and Gomti.
2. The name of Uttar Pradesh during British Rule was United Provinces.
3. Uttar Pradesh is located in the north of India.
4. Nepal touches the border of Uttar Pradesh.
5. Mathura is the birthplace of Lord Krishna.
Practice some unseen passages with MCQs.
3. Unseen passage for class 7 | Passage 3
Cancer is a very dangerous disease that spreads abnormally in the human body. There are many types of cancer but blood cancer, breast cancer, brain cancer, and skin cancer are very common. Breast cancer occurs mostly in women.
In a study, it has been found that more than 100 types of cancer can affect the human body.
Doctors do some tests to diagnose cancer such as CT scans, CBC and WBC test, Hemoglobin test, MRIs, etc. To prevent cancer, they advise cancer patients to eat more tomatoes, broccoli, ginger, turmeric, etc.
Although cancer is mostly caused by the use of tobacco, but obesity, poor diet, and drinking alcohol can also be the reason for it.
1. What is cancer?
2. How many types of cancer are there?
3. What do doctors do to diagnose cancer?
4. Write any four common cancer.
5. What do doctors advise cancer patients to eat?
1. Cancer is a very dangerous disease that spreads abnormally in the human body.
2. There are more than 100 types of cancer.
3. Doctors do some tests to diagnose cancer such as CT scans, hemoglobin tests, etc.
4. Blood cancer, breast cancer, brain cancer, and skin cancer.
5. Doctors advise cancer patients to eat tomatoes, broccoli, ginger, turmeric, etc.
4. Unseen passage for class 7 | Passage 4
Sushant Singh Rajput was a famous actor in Bollywood. He was born on 21 January 1986 in Patna and started his career as a TV actor in 2008.
He had an important character in the TV serial Pavitra Rishta.
One of his most famous movies was M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story. After this movie, he got lots of popularity. He acted in a total of twelve movies with different characters.
Before being an actor, he was also a good student. He passed around eleven engineering entrance exams.
Along with acting, he also had a great interest in astronomy, so he had a telescope.
1. Who was Sushant Singh Rajput?
2. How many entrance exams did he pass?
3. Besides acting, what was he interested in?
4. Write the name of one of his famous movies.
5. When did he start his career as a TV actor?
1. Sushant Singh Rajput was a famous actor in Bollywood.
2. He passed around eleven entrance exams.
3. Besides acting, he was interested in astronomy.
4. One of his famous movies was M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story.
5. He started his career as a TV actor in 2008.
5. Unseen passage for class 7 | Passage 5
In today’s time, machines are playing very important roles in human lives. They are ten times faster than humans’ capacity.
With the help of machines, the production of goods is done very fast and cheaply. Of course, the machines are bought by rich people but they don’t run them. Instead, poor people are employed to run them.
Actually, poor people can’t afford such expensive machines, so they only work there under compulsion. There are many other examples of machines such as wind turbines, engines, motors, etc.
Wind turbines are used to generate electricity using wind power. With the help of motors and engines, people make many other electric machines and devices.
1. How many times faster are machines than humans’ capacity?
2. Why do we use machines?
3. Which machine is used to generate electricity?
4. Who actually runs the machines?
5. What is the suitable title for this passage?
1. Machines are ten times faster than humans’ capacity.
2. We use machines to produce goods very fast and cheaply.
3. Wind Turbine is used to generate electricity.
4. Poor people actually run the machines.
5. The machine.
I hope that the article about the unseen passage for class 7 must have proved very helpful for you. So first, read these unseen passages carefully and then answer correctly.
If you really liked this article, please share it with those who need it.